At KD Hosting Ltd, we take our obligation to protect your data very seriously. This privacy notice tells you what we do with your personal information when you contact us or use our services. We have written this under the guidance of the ‘plain English campaign’ for easy reading, but if there is anything you don’t understand, please ask us by using our contact details below. Some of the words used to form part of the legislation and couldn’t be changed to ‘plain English’.
We’ll tell you
- why we can process your information
- what we are processing it for
- whether you must provide it
- how long we will keep it
- whether others will get to use this information
- whether we transfer it to another country, and
- whether we do automated decision-making or profiling
The first part of the notice is information we need to tell everybody.
The Data Controller is KD Hosting Ltd. unless we say otherwise.
As a data controller, we fully comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the General Data Protection Regulations (EC Directive) 2016 (GDPR).
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office Data Protection Register, number ZA461361
You can contact us by phone, email, and post.
Our postal address:
KD Hosting Ltd.
15 Maid Marian Road
Telephone 01603 399653/07456 926391
For general contact email email@example.com
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Kyle Sayer. You can contact him at or via our postal address. Please mark the envelope ‘Data Protection Officer’ or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of the personal information we process is given to us by you for one of the following reasons:
- You made an enquiry with us.
- We are conducting business together
- We have conducted business together
- You provided us with details to communicate with each other
- You are representing a company or organisation
We also get personal information about you indirectly, in the following scenarios:
2. Your rights
- From your own or company website
- From a third-party referral
You have rights under data protection law that we need to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reasons for processing your information.
Your right of access
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies. There are some exceptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process.
Your right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies.
Your right to erasure (to be ‘forgotten’)
You have the right to ask us to erase (delete) your personal information in some circumstances.
Your right to the restriction of processing (use of your data)
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in some circumstances.
Your right to object to processing
You have the right to object to us processing your data. If you ask us to stop, for example, you don’t want to receive emails from us, you can tell us, and we shall stop unless we can give you strong and legitimate reasons to continue.
Your right to data portability
This only applies to any information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from us to another organisation or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent.
Your right to complain
We work to high standards when it comes to processing your personal information. If you have queries or concerns, please contact us at and we’ll respond.
If you remain dissatisfied, you can make a complaint about the way we process your personal information to the Information Commissioners Office Please follow this link to see how to do that.
How long do we keep it?
For information about this please see Section 10
You can write to us about any of these rights at the address in paragraph 11 or by email to email@example.com. There is no charge for a request, and we will respond to the request within one month.
In some circumstances, we are legally obliged to share information. For example, under a court order or where we cooperate with other European supervisory authorities in handling complaints or investigations. We might also share information with other regulatory bodies in order to further their, or our, objectives. In any scenario, we’ll satisfy ourselves that we have a lawful basis on which to share the information and document our decision making and satisfy ourselves we have a legal basis on which to share the information. We may also share information with service providers as part of any package KD Hosting Ltd. arrange on your behalf, however, we will always ensure that they meet their statutory obligations under GDPR.
3. Your Privacy – our promise:
We promise to:
4. Who we are:
- Tell you why we collect personal information, how we do this and what we use it for.
- Only collect the information we need to deliver the service to you.
- Never sell your personal information or let other organisations use it for marketing.
- Keep the personal information up to date and make sure it is safe and secure.
- Require any suppliers or partners who work with us to have privacy policies.
In this policy, references to- “KD Hosting” or “The Company” are to KD Hosting Ltd.
KD Hosting Ltd.
15 Maid Marian Road
The controller is KD Hosting Ltd.
5. What information we collect and how we collect it
We collect personal information about you to enable us to provide our services to you. This includes:
- Name and address
- Email address and telephone numbers
- Any information you provide to us when you become a client of KD Hosting.
- Any personal information you give to us when you use one of our helplines
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion or political affiliations without your explicit consent.
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
6. How we use the information and why we need it
- You have provided it to us to communicate with you.
- In meetings with you.
- When you correspond with us by email, phone or other ways.
- When you engage in business with us.
- Identified from other third-party sources such as your website.
We use personal information to provide our services and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, this may include:
– this will include using the information provided by you for us to contact you and deliver any services you have asked for.
– as well as the processing we will use your personal information to provide you with information about services you have asked for or would reasonably expect to receive from us. You will be able to change your mind at any time and we will keep your preferences up to date. Any email to you about marketing will have a link to let you unsubscribe.
– KD Hosting will also process your data when it is in our legitimate interest to do this and when these interests do not override your rights. These legitimate interests include providing you with information on products or services, feedback or offers by partner service providers.
– where we need your consent, we will tell you as soon as possible and use that consent only for the reason you have given. You can always change your mind at any time by contacting us at our address in paragraph 11 or by email. Any email or text we send to you will have a link to contact us.
– we may make use of profiling and screening methods to provide a better service to clients. Profiling helps us target resources more effectively by gaining insight into the background of clients and helping us build relationships that are appropriate to their interests.
7. Who will see the information?
Your information will only be accessible to our staff and any third-party service provider involved in the provision of external services. You will be made aware of when this happens, and this will be only where it is appropriate in respect of the job they are doing. We will never sell your information or let other organisations use it for their own purposes.
We will only share your personal information
- If you have consented to us doing so and for the specific reason your consent was given. You will have the opportunity to withhold consent when you complete the form on which we collect the data, or you can do so by writing to us at the address in paragraph 11 or sending us an email to
- When we are legally required to, or because of a lawful request by a governmental or law enforcement authority.
- If we merge with another organisation or form a new entity.
The security of your personal information is very important to us.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the UK.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All personal data gathered by us is processed in the UK or within the European Economic Area (EEA).
10. Retention (keeping) of information
We will only hold your information for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. This will normally be two years from our last interaction with you unless for legal, taxation reasons or specified in law elsewhere it is necessary to keep it for a longer period.
11. How to contact us
The Data Controller, KD Hosting Ltd.
15 Maid Marian Road
Telephone 01603 399653
This policy was last updated on 8th May 2019.